In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Strategic Consultant to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a gamechanger – a blend of retail ecommerce expertise, analytic prowess, and strong technical skills proven by years of experience at a major retailer. You possess an interest in creating data-led analyses to shape narratives that change behaviors of shoppers and retailers. You will engage with senior executives to understand their business and align objectives that increase clients’ revenue and ROAS. You will work closely with various Bluecore stakeholders to develop analyses and technical views (with supporting requirements) to empower other client-facing colleagues to scale resulting strategies and successes across all Bluecore clients. The scale of your efforts will be directly informed by the measurable impact of recommended strategies from you and team members. At your core, you thrive in pushing retailers and platforms’ capabilities to their limits, unlocking strategies that deliver the most value to advance key business goals. Your technical knowledge, skills, and abilities enable you to discover and make accessible new uses of our product, ultimately maximizing incremental revenue and adoption of Bluecore’s value proposition.
- Develop platform-centric strategies that will achieve client goals
- Enable internal and external adoption of platform-centric strategies to achieve client goals through documentation and scaled communication
- Help clients and Customer Success teams know how they’re performing against client goals while informing the Product roadmap with impactful analytic insights and tools
- Manages scalability of materially impactful analyses and tools generated by the Strategic Consulting team for broader impact and internal adoption, including articulating requirements, working with internal Product teams to ensure timely development, and challenging technical and analytic assumptions.
- In partnership with Sales and Customer Success teams, develops deep understanding of customer challenges and success metrics
- In collaboration with Account Managers for top accounts, assists in elevating and delivering business reviews consisting of analysis of Bluecore performance to identify the quantifiable largest growth opportunities and strategies
- Drives client growth by translating data-driven analysis of customers' marketing campaigns into a value story that leads to improved performance, increased ROAS, and incremental product adoption
- Demonstrates initiative by conducting undirected research, exploring and examining data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities
- 10+ years’ experience at retail ecommerce business where responsibilities included directly communicating and presenting to executives on lifecycle marketing executed through addressable marketing channels (website personalization, email, sms, display retargeting, social, OTT apps, etc.)
- Confidence and persuasion needed to work up and down the client internal management structure to influence Bluecore product adoption that drives incremental client revenue through improved retail metrics including retention, order frequency, and AOV.
- Responsible for leading analytic initiatives in support of marketing in the customer lifecycle
- Executive credibility: Presentation skills and experience speaking with C-level executives
- Strategy: Creativity of thought and its applicability to business value
- Analytical thinking: Fluency with analyzing marketing data via commonly used programming languages, a strong understanding of key ecommerce metrics, and knack for translating them to actionable insights
- Product knowledge: You get into the product with quick adeptness and innovative use case
- BS in an analytical field, such as Business, Economics, etc.
- While the primary focus of the job is remotely supporting a highly distributed team across multiple time-zones, occasional travel on short notice will be required. Up to 25% travel may be expected for this role (post-COVID).
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.