How do you engage shoppers once they land on your eCommerce site?
Numerous opportunities exist to engage shoppers onsite and do so in highly personalized ways throughout the entire customer lifecycle based on factors like browsing history and predicted affinities. Here’s what you need to know.
4 Ways to Drive Onsite Conversions Using Personalized Messaging
Introducing intelligent email capture is an ideal way to increase onsite identification rates among new visitors and grow your email list to begin your nurturing journey with your shoppers. But it’s only the first step to engaging shoppers onsite in a way that grows customer loyalty.
To create a fully personalized onsite experience that spans the entire customer lifecycle, consider the following onsite conversion capabilities:
1) Direct shoppers’ attention with personalized pop-ups and banners
Greet returning identified site visitors with customized pop-ups and banners that feature relevant recommendations based on their past browsing behavior or predicted affinities.
For example, you might:
- Feature products site visitors viewed during their last session
- Highlight top products for which shoppers have a predicted affinity
- Connect to personalized messaging featured in emails visitors received
- Share special messages based on characteristics like lifecycle stage
These personalized pop-ups provide an easy way to direct shoppers’ attention and create a more individualized experience from the moment shoppers land on your site.
2) Preserve margins with dynamic coupons
Introduce dynamic coupons on your site to differentiate offers and messaging for various types of customers and preserve your margins.
With dynamic coupons you can show different offers based on factors like:
- Discount affinity, so that only those who need a discount to buy see certain offers
- Lifecycle stage, to better entice non buyers or at-risk buyers to make a purchase
- Lifetime value, so that you can tie the returns for your brand to predicted future spend
Whatever the approach, featuring dynamic coupons and messaging allows you to get more targeted with your offers in a way that increases value for both your customers and your brand.
3) Extend onsite engagement and discovery with affinity targeting
Extend shoppers’ journeys on your site by creating more paths for engagement and discovery with affinity targeting.
For instance, when someone with an affinity for dresses lands on a dress category page, you can target them with special announcements, offers and new arrivals from that category to encourage them to shop around.
You can also layer in multiple types of affinities to get even more targeted. For example:
- Campaign A: Direct shoppers with a dresses affinity and a discount affinity to shop dresses on sale.
- Campaign B: Direct shoppers with a dresses affinity but with no discount affinity to shop new arrivals dresses.
4) Target customers with unique messaging and offers based on loyalty status
Finally, you can create specialized experiences for your most loyal customers and encourage more customers to join your loyalty program through unique onsite experiences for each group.
To do so, you might:
- Show exclusive offers to loyalty members and even segment offers based on membership tier
- Display how much loyalty members need to spend to get to the next tier in the program
- Encourage site visitors who are not loyalty members to join the program by showcasing top perks and benefits
This level of personalization allows you to reinforce behavior that grows loyalty among existing program members and expand membership within the program by specifically targeting non-members who visit your site.
Ready to increase onsite conversions?
The most effective eCommerce websites engage shoppers and focus on driving conversions at every lifecycle stage. With numerous opportunities like affinity targeting and personalized messaging in pop ups, banners and inline, if you’re only focusing on email capture for new visitors then you’re leaving money on the table.
Visit bluecore.com/site to learn more about how you can introduce a variety of onsite conversion capabilities that span the entire customer lifecycle.