In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer-Full Stack Engineer with some exposure in Devops to help our engineering teams build scalable, extensible, reliable, and performant systems. The role will be two-fold: 1) helping to improve our financial cost attribution and tracking system & identifying areas of cost inefficiency while helping guide our quarterly roadmap with cost optimization projects and, 2) working with our infrastructure team to optimize our Kubernetes clusters, manage our GCP infrastructure, developer velocity and improve our DevOps and SRE practices. Learn more about our automation with this blog post on Argo, Kustomize and Config Connector.
- Manage hundreds of servers and thousands of containers on our Google Kubernetes Engine clusters using various automation tools.
- Design and manage zero-trust networks using Open Policy Agent (OPA), Envoy and Istio.
- Manage our metrics and alerting systems, including Datadog, Prometheus and Pagerduty.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains. Provide significant engineering contributions even in domains with less expertise.
- Promote coding standards, styles, and design principles across the organization.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading external initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- Assume responsibility for our in-house written cost attribution system, which combines our GCP billing data with Datadog event metrics in order to track per-customer and per-service GCP spend.
- Analyze and model our cost attribution in order to identify expensive, inefficient services and systems, and alert on anomalous cost increases in order to avoid unexpected waste.
- Assist the PMO and leadership team in producing our tech-debt roadmap in order to guide the engineering organization toward the most fruitful projects.
- Help financially estimate the cost of new features and systems during the design phase.
- Hands-on experience maintaining Kubernetes at scale and running various workloads on Kubernetes.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in required field.
- Designing and maintaining software-defined network infrastructure, including cloud-based load balancing and ingress/egress design.
- Experience with metric and alerting tools, and experience with distributed tracing systems.
- Capable of owning engineering and company level issues or gaps, and successfully planning and executing towards resolution, all while continuously identifying and exploring additional opportunities and proactively preventing upcoming risks.
- Experience developing technical roadmaps and estimates that have pushed product and business growth over several quarters. Has a proven track record of successfully completing work that spans multiple teams and quarters, creating large impacts to business success.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company preferred..
- Able to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Adept at effectively communicating with external customers about critical production issues, as well as working with internal stakeholders from Bluecore’s customer success and support teams to propose and implement immediate fixes and resolution plans.
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.