Email marketing has long been an essential way for brands to grow revenue and connect with customers, and it’s becoming even more important due to email’s accessibility, reliability and cost effectiveness. Against this backdrop, the stakes are high for choosing the right partner to power your email marketing program.
That’s the premise underlying the latest Forrester Wave evaluating email service providers. Released May 2020 by Forrester Research, this study used 23 criteria to evaluate “the 13 providers that matter most” — a group in which Bluecore is proud to be included.
The Email Marketing Technology Landscape is Diverse
Forrester’s research reveals a diverse landscape of email marketing technology.
Based on the capabilities highlighted, Bluecore identified high levels of innovation and growth in three key areas:
- Speed: New, fast technology that has challenged the previous standards for data management speed and scale.
- Pricing Models: Unique pricing models, such as pay-for-performance, that bring value to organizations based on their unique program needs.
- Specialization: Specialized offerings, like a vertical-specific solution, that allow for deeper analysis of certain types of data to power more intelligent personalization in email.
Where Bluecore Fits Into the Diverse Email Marketing Landscape
According to Forrester, Bluecore “isn’t your typical email service provider. Bluecore is a personalization engine that can send emails.” Bluecore received the highest scores possible in the Personalization and Optimization, Artificial Intelligence and Innovation Roadmap criteria.
The Forrester report also states that Bluecore “processes the pantheon of retail data, including online and offline user data, supply chain status, commerce activity, and product information in real time…” We believe this command over retail data is essential to success for a specialized email marketing technology like Bluecore that works exclusively with retailers.
How to Evaluate Your Email Marketing Technology Needs
The Forrester Wave is a valuable resource for gauging the email marketing technology landscape and evaluating potential partners.
As you do so, it’s important to take into account the unique needs of your business, as what works best for one organization might not work best for the next. Differences in industry, program maturity, goals and team structure are all factors that can impact what makes an ideal email marketing partner.
Some of the top evaluation criteria Bluecore’s email experts recommend include:
- Platform usability
- Data structure capabilities
- Data activation capabilities
- Manual vs. automated processes for interactivity and personalization
- Implementation timeline and processes
- Focus on tactics vs. higher level business goals like customer value
- Innovation roadmap
- Scale and experience, particularly around vertical specialization
Get The Forrester Wave™: Email Marketing Service Providers, Q2 2020
Ready for more information on Forrester’s methodology and evaluation of the top 13 email marketing service providers? Click here to download the full study, The Forrester Wave™: Email Marketing Service Providers, Q2 2020.